Carnival Corporation & Plc. Group has allocated significant resources for conducting nautical risk assessment studies for ports from around the world. This risk assessment program is managed by the Port Study team at CSMART.
CSMART Port Study team is currently looking for a Port Study Captain with particular focus on engaging with Port and Pilotage Authorities while assessing and mitigating risk during Port Studies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Port Study Captain you are an integral part of the CSMART Port Study team where your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Disseminate port study information to Operating Lines as required
- Together with the Port Study team, coordinate and facilitate the study of selective ports, fulfill the aims and objectives of the study.
- When required, travel to the selected ports and engage with port authorities and pilots, and other port stakeholders to gain cooperation and participation.
- Together with Port Study Manager, prepare the annual port study work plan for the selected ports
- Organize and manage the work program during the port study execution week
- Analyze all data collected prior to the execution of the study
- Ensure that all necessary steps are followed as per quality system and port study methodology.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum ten years as maritime pilot and extensive experience conducting port and ship simulations or significant experience in Command of Cruise Vessels
- Masters License Unlimited
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferred
- Affiliation to a Professional Maritime Organization (eg: Nautical Institute, IMAREST, Institute of Navigation)
- Excellent and effective communication skills, verbal and writing, in order to present information accurately and clearly as required
- Ability to interpret data and review accidents/incidents and lessons learned
- Good understanding of latest state of navigational technology including virtual aids to navigation
- Good understanding of hydrodynamic effects on ships in motion
- Good understanding of ECDIS, Integrated Navigation Systems (INS) and hydrographic surveying
- Good management and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with maritime authorities, pilots and experts of all nationalities.
- Able to work with strict deadlines
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and in writing)
As part of our remuneration package, CSMART offers successful candidates a competitive salary & benefits.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and accompanying letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org